2020 Team Sask Open Try Outs
2020 TEAM SASK REGISTRATIONS
The SLA is now accepting registrations for the 2020 Team Sask Open Try Outs. Below you will find detailed information on the Try Outs and the try out process, at the end of the information will be the links to register.
This year the Team Sask Program will have two Open Try Outs (February 22nd/23rd & March 21st/22nd) and Invitational Try Outs on April 4th/5th. These try outs will included evaluations for both Box and Field teams. Any registered player with the SLA is invited and encouraged to attend the Open Try Outs for their appropriate age division. After Open Try Outs initial cuts will be made and selected players invited back to the Invitational Try Outs, with final rosters being decided after that. Evaluations will be done by the Team Sask Coaches, and additional Evaluators invited by the SLA and Provincial Committee to ensure a fair selection process. All Evaluators have been involved with Lacrosse for numerous years and have the necessary experience and skill set to help the Team Sask program with evaluations. Once again this year the program will be utilizing Skill Shark, a professional evaluation software that ensures a transparent try out selection.
Parents will be notified by March 27th if their player is invited to the next stage of Try Outs, with final rosters being decided by May 29th (Box) and June 19th (Field).
Open Try Outs - $70
Invitation Try Outs - $30
Players will receive a Team Sask Pinnie, four on floor sessions for Open Try Outs, and an additional two on floor sessions for Invitational try outs. Players will also receive an evaluation report card from Skill Shark based on their evaluations so players know what they are doing well and what they need to work on. Players who are trying out for both the box and field program are eligible for a discount. Discount code COMBO2020 can be used when completing the Field Try Out registrations. This discount is only good for players who register and actually try out for the two teams.
- 12U (Pee Wee) Box Coed: August 16th - 21st in Langley, British Columbia
- 14U (Bantam) Box Coed: August 16th - 21st in Langley, British Columbia
- 16U (Midget) Box Coed and Female: August 18th - 22nd in St. Catherines, Ontario
- U15 Field Coed: September 4th - 6th in Terreboune, Quebec
- U18 Field Coed: September 4th - 6th in Terreeboune, Quebec
- Travel Dates will be a day or two before and after Nationals.
OPEN TRY OUT TIMES
Female players trying out for 16U Box are invited to attend all the Female and Coed sessions.
FEBRUARY 22ND - MOOSE JAW (YARA CENTER) - BOX
- 9:00am - 10:10am: 16U (Midget) Female Session
- 9:15am - 16U (Midget) Female Parent Information Session
- 10:20am - 11:30am: 12U (Pee Wee) Coed Session #1
- 11:40am - 12:50pm: 14U (Bantam) Coed Session #1
- 1:00pm - 2:10pm: 16U (Midget) Coed Session #1
- 2:30pm - 3:40pm: 12U (Pee Wee) Coed Session #2
- 2:45pm - 12U (Pee Wee) Information Session
- 3:50pm - 5:00pm: 14U (Bantam) Coed Session #1
- 4:00pm - 14U (Bantam) Parent Information Session
- 5:10pm - 6:20pm: 16U (Midget) Coed Session #2
- 5:30pm - 16U (Midget) Parent Information Session
FEBRUARY 23RD - MOOSE JAW (YARA CENTER) - FIELD
- 10:00am - 11:15am: U15 Coed Session #1
- 11:30am - 12:45am: U18 Coed Session #1
- 1:00pm - 2:15pm: U15 Coed Session #2
- 1:15pm - U15 Parent Information Session
- 2:30pm - 3:45pm: U18 Coed Session #2
- 2:45pm - U18 Parent Information Session
MARCH 21st/22nd - SASKATOON - LOCATION AND TIMES TBD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do players need to attend try outs in Moose Jaw and Saskatoon? We encourage players to attend all floor times to allow Coaches/Evaluators more time to adequately evaluate. The try out fee is for all four sessions, and there will not be discounted fees for missed floor time. We do understand that life is hectic, so if players are unable to attend they need to indicate on their Registration form which try outs they can't attend so we can let Coaches.
- Will Team Sask conflict with other Lacrosse teams? Team Sask doesn't start practicing until July to prevent conflict during the regular season. The teams will not practice on weekends in July where Provincials are booked.
- Can a player be selected to a Box and Field team? There are not limits on how any teams a player can be one, providing they are in their appropriate groups. Teams work together to prevent scheduling conflicts for Team Practices and events for those players who are interested in both the Box and Field programs. Players who do try out can use the discount code COMBO2020 on their Field Try Registration.
- What is the cost of the Team Sask program? The cost varies with each team depending on where they will be traveling for Nationals. At the Open Try Out sessions will be parent information sessions that will go over more details of the program, included associated costs.
- If I have more questions who can I contact? Any questions relating to the Team Sask program can be sent to email@example.com.
Please use the links below to register for Open Try Outs. Please note for players wishing to try out for both Box and Field, they will need to fill out two separate registrations.
TEAM SASK BOX OPEN TRY OUTS
TEAM SASK FIELD OPEN TRY OUTS
Thank you for your interest in the Team Sask program, good luck to all players on their try outs!